Saturday, June 29, 2013

My Experience at SJVP 2013 -- Yellow Team

When I was heading to the Summer Journalism Visitation Program this morning I was very nervous and apprehensive. I didn’t really have much prior knowledge about journalism and I felt like my general idea about the field was wrong. I didn’t take any journalism classes at school but I was a president in a club and I know I enjoyed presenting things to my members. 

SJVP was a great experience and I was able to learn things about the field of journalism that I wasn’t aware of. There are a variety of news platforms to join and be a part of whether it is through television, radio, or over the internet. This interested me because I can have the ability and freedom to explore areas that I choose, and I don’t have to stick to one thing.

 I liked how everyone who presented loved what they were doing and had positive things to say about their experiences at UF and beyond. There are many possibilities and paths I can take from getting a degree in this field. I have a better idea about the field of journalism as well as what it takes to be successful now and I feel more certain that this may be something that I would like to major and develop a career in.

--Bryan Ellison

No comments:

Post a Comment